At a presentation to the Board of Education Thursday January 9, 2014, Head Football Coach, Wesley Tankersley outlined safety concerns at Huff Mosley Stadium, as well as a proposal for renovations. The presentation was prepared in collaboration with Head Girls Soccer Coach, April Nicholson and Head Cross Country/Track Coach, Rodney Thurman.
The presentation outlined the following concerns:
– Home side bleachers has cracks and holes in the concrete
– Fields have holes and bare spots
– Track has cracks
– Road exiting field house has cracks and is unsafe
In an effort to address the concerns and modernize the stadium these are the renovations proposed in the presentation:
– bench style stadium seating
– turf field
– close off road and make practice field a parking lot
– new fence around field and brick wall on hill
– build new visitor field house, concession and bathrooms
– build picnic pavilion above field
– LED video scoreboard
Many questions arise from this presentation.
“What does a video scoreboard cost?”
“Why the new field house?”
“Where will the teams practice?”
“Will the turf be tolerable in the summer months, how much will it cost?”
“What exactly is making the road unsafe?”
FYN is currently in the process of reaching out to the coaches to gather more information about their concerns and the proposal. Check back for more information.