GILMER COUNTY BOARD OF VOTER REGISTRARS 1 BROAD ST, SUITE 107 ELLIJAY, GA 30540
GILMER SAMPLE BALLOT:
NOVEMBER 5, 2013 SPECIAL ELECTION INFORMATION SHEET
1. Election: SPECIAL ELECTION
2. Election to be conducted: NOVEMBER 5, 2013 AND RUNOFF DECEMBER 3, 2013, IF NECESSARY
3. Time polls are open on election day: 7:00 A.M. TO 7:00 P.M.
4. Closing date for registration in this election: CLOSE OF BUSINESS OCTOBER 7, 2013
5. Candidate(s), issue(s) to be voted on: SPLOST; COUNTY COMMISSION POST 1
6. Active registered voters involved: 14,041 ACTIVE VOTERS AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2013
7. Area of County or City involved in the election: COUNTY-WIDE
8. Number of precincts involved in the election: 13
VOTING IN GILMER COUNTY’S SPECIAL ELECTION
Election Day Polls are open from 7am – 7pm. Sample Ballots may be obtained: (1) from Gilmer County Board of Voter Registrars Office (after printed ballots are received) (2) at http://mvp.sos.state.ga.us/ (3) at all Voting Precincts during In-person Voting.
Voter Information: To confirm if you are a registered voter, your voting location, etc., contact:
Gilmer County Board of Voter Registrars at (706) 635-4617
Secretary of State’s Website: http://mvp.sos.state.ga.us/
INFORMATION FOR VOTING BY ABSENTEE BALLOT: Eligible voters have two ways to cast ballots prior to Election Day: Absentee by Mail and Absentee In-Person.
ABSENTEE VOTING BY MAIL
REQUESTS FOR MAIL BALLOTS MAY BE MADE BEGINNING
The Date the Call is Published
BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED
October 15 – November 1, 2013
All electors who wish to vote absentee by mail will have to complete a new application for absentee ballot even if they have made application in the past. Any previous applications (including those made by the elderly, disabled, military, and citizens living overseas) will not be valid for this election since it is a special election.
Eligible voters desiring to vote by mail may do so WITHOUT PROVIDING A REASON OR IDENTIFICATION. However, voters who registered for the first time in Georgia by mail and did not provide Identification, will be required to provide, at the time of voting, one of the six acceptable forms of PHOTO ID listed on page 3 or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other governmental document that shows the name and address of the voter. Those voters not having the proper form of identification will be offered a Provisional Ballot.
The last day an absentee ballot can be mailed is Friday, November 1, 2013.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE BY-MAIL ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUEST: Voters may mail or fax a written request for an absentee ballot. The written request should include:
1. Your Name and Address as Registered
2. Date of Birth
3. Election Name and Date (e.g. Special Election, 11/5/2013)
4. Address where ballot is to be mailed, if an address is different from our voters’ registration file. Day time telephone number and email address, if available.
5. Voters’ signature on the request. If request is made by relative, the relative must sign the request and state the relationship to the voter.
Voters may also contact our office to have an absentee ballot application mailed to them or download an absentee ballot application from: http://mvp.sos.state.ga.us/
WHERE TO SEND THE ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUEST: The absentee ballot request may be submitted by mail, fax, email (as an attachment), or dropped off at the Board of Voter Registrars Office as follow:
Gilmer County Board of Voter Registrars
Attn: Absentee Ballot
1 Broad St, Suite 107
Ellijay, GA 30540
Email at: email@example.com
Fax: 706.635.4647 Phone: 706.635.4617
DEADLINE FOR RETURNING MAIL ABSENTEE BALLOTS: The voted absentee ballot must be returned to the Board of Elections Office no later than 7 p.m. on Election Day.
IN-PERSON ABSENTEE VOTING PERIOD
October 15, 2013 – November 1, 2013
Absentee Voting In-Person: Voters may cast an absentee ballot in-person as indicated below. Those who vote in person must provide one of the six forms of acceptable photo identification.
Monday – Friday, October 15 – November 1, 2013 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location for voting In-Person Absentee (Early Voting)
Gilmer County Board of Voter Registrars Office
1 Broad St, Ste 107
Ellijay, GA 30540
ACCEPTABLE PHOTO IDENTIFICATION FOR VOTING
Acceptable forms of Photo Identification are:
1. a Georgia drivers license (even if expired or suspended);
2. Valid State or Federal Government photo ID;
3. Valid U.S. passport with photo;
4. Valid Government Employee photo ID (city, county, state or U.S. government);
5. Valid U.S. military photo ID;
6. Tribal photo ID.
FREE VOTER IDENTIFICATION
The Gilmer County Board of Voter Registrars or the Department of Driver Services will provide a FREE Voter Identification Card to any voter who does not have any of the above required photo IDs, upon providing proof that they are a Georgia voter.
Anyone with additional questions about Georgia’s photo ID requirements can visit http://www.sos.ga.gov/Gaphotoid/ or call toll free (877) 725-9797. Information may also be obtained from the Gilmer County Board of Voter Registrars Office at (706) 635-4617.