February 10, 2014
For immediate release:
Stacey Fields, Director of Public Relations
With the threat of a winter storm approaching, our crews are standing by. As always, we will respond quickly to power outages and will restore all outages as soon as is safely possible.
Our automated outage reporting system is active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The most effective way to report an outage is by following these steps:
1. Call 706-253-0359 OR 706-276-0359 OR 706-864-0359.
2. Listen carefully and follow the prompts.
3. If the system does not recognize the number you are calling from, please enter the phone number that is associated with your account.
4. You may leave a detailed recording if necessary. Please speak clearly and slowly and give the following information: Exact name as it appears on the bill (not the name of the caller), account number if available and 911
physical address of the outage.
5. One call is all this is needed to record the outage.
Please remember to stay away from any downed power lines and always assume any downed line is still energized.