It is not too late! The following are some scholarships with May and summer deadlines:
- QuestBridge College Prep Scholars (for JUNIORS) – No application deadline
- Why My Teacher Makes Me Smile Flax Scholarship – Application Deadline: 05/29/2017
- CoilLaw LLC Scholarship – Application Deadline: 05/31/2017
- First In Family Scholarship – Application Deadline: 05/31/2017
- SCW DREAMers Scholarship – Application Deadline: 05/31/2017
- Sessions Law Firm College Scholarship – Application Deadline: 05/31/2017
- Thomas, Webb & Willis Academic Achiever Scholarship – Application Deadline: 05/31/2017
- Tuite Law DUI Accident Scholarship – Application Deadline: 05/31/2017
- Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship – Application Deadline: 06/01/2017
- OMBAR Aspiring Business Professional Scholarship Program – Application Deadline: 06/01/2017
- Faith, Hope, And Charity Recycle Store Scholarship – No Application Deadline
- Abbott and Fenner Scholarship – Application Deadline: 06/12/2017
- Big Sun Scholarships – Application Deadline: 06/19/2017
- Aspiring Nurse Scholarship – Application Deadline: 06/30/2017
- Hunter Goff Bankruptcy/Consumer Rights Scholarship: Application Deadline: 07/31/2017
- Pets In The City Veterinarian Science Scholarship – Application Deadline: 07/31/2017
- Links to all of these scholarships and more are on the GHS scholarship page at https://sites.google.com/a/gilmerschools.com/ghs-scholarship-page/home. Please check this site on a weekly basis throughout the spring semester, and fill out those applications!
This Week’s Feature: End of Year Reminders
Seniors need to keep in mind that GHS must receive an official request in order to release a transcript. This request must come via gafutures.org for in-state schools, Parchment for out-of-state schools, or on paper with student signature. An email is not considered to be an official request.
GHS Honors Night will be Thursday, May 25th, at 7:00 p.m. at Ellijay Elementary School auditorium. This event is by invitation only. Invitations will be sent to students’ gilmerschools.com emails only.
If you are an underclassman who is failing a course, please see your school counselor for information on summer and summer through fall course opportunities at Mountain Education Charter High School. The sooner you start, the sooner you can finish!