Brian K. Pritchard announces candidacy for State House District 7News, Politics November 28, 2022
Georgia- Brian K. Pritchard (BKP) announces his candidacy for State House District 7. A special election will be held on January 3rd 2023.
“I’m excited to announce today that I am running for Georgia State House District 7. Unfortunately this election will run through the Christmas and New Year holiday. Governor Brian Kemp has called for a special election January 3rd.”
“BKP” Brian K. Pritchard
On November 16th a giant tree fell in the North Georgia mountains. The second longest-serving State House Speaker, David Ralston died. Although I considered him a close friend, I never called him David. I always addressed him as “Mr. Speaker.” Speaker Ralston loved the people of the 7th District where he called home from the time of his birth. He also loved the State of Georgia and being House Speaker. I asked him if he would ever run for congress or senate and both times he answered with a firm, “NO, if I did that they wouldn’t let me be speaker.”
We knew him as Speaker Of the House but we can’t forget he was Georgia State Representative District 7, elected to the office in 2003. You can’t go anywhere in the district that you don’t see the fruits of him being our Representative.The hard reality is the 7th District is no longer represented by the Speaker of the House, it’s like we have hit the reset button. This is not the time to take any chances. We need to elect someone ready to serve on day one. We can’t afford for our district to go backwards, we must be prepared to go forward. That is why I’m announcing that I’m running for Georgia State House District 7.
We the People …. Our Founding Fathers intended for us to have a representative government of the PEOPLE and By The People, not corporations, special interests or lobbyists. The only reason you run for office should be to serve the people of the district. We are tired of self-serving politicians in this country. The people, businesses and organizations in the 7th District will be my special interest group.
This Special Election is what they call a jungle primary meaning there is no party primary and then a general election. This is a nonpartisan election. Candidates don’t have to identify a political party on the ballot.
But, I am a Republican, and I am a Christian first. Nothing comes before God and family. I am a Constitutional compassionate conservative. I believe in loving and caring for my fellow man. A political party should never be the determination on how we care for people less fortunate than ourselves. I support and will uphold the great documents of our US and State Constitutions. I am a fiscal conservative. I believe the state can provide services needed to operate with a little less money from the taxpayers. The people pay the bills and the government should be good stewards of the taxpayers money. We The People are overtaxed and need a representative that is beholden to the people. I believe in limited government and it’s time we get the government out of our pockets. I will be a representative for all the people in the 7th District.
- We must protect our environment and preserve our beautiful lakes, rivers and forests.
- We must protect our children from a “WOKE” government agenda and preserve parental rights.
- I will work with the county and city governments to find a balanced way to continue growth in the district while maintaining the rural look and feel that we love.
- I have and will always support our teachers and our local educational system and the University system in our district. The children are our future and we need to provide them every opportunity possible for them to be successful. This will help attract well paying jobs to our district.
- I have and will always support our law enforcement. The safety and well-being of our citizens will alway be a top priority of mine. Drug cartels are not welcome and I will help our great men and women in law enforcement get the resources they need to keep us safe. Keep Atlanta crime out of our mountains!
- I have and will always support our accountability courts.
- As your Representative I will do everything I can to eradicate the drug problem in our community. We need to restore families. This is a must to protect our children from this evil.
- I am pro second amendment and believe in the sanctity of life.
I look at everything with a positive view and I know together we can accomplish our goals. I am a husband, father, and grandfather and protecting this district will have my entire focus and attention. Look for my upcoming campaign videos where I will go into greater detail on all the issues.
In the coming days of the campaign I will release short videos highlighting my dedication to the 7th District over the past 20 years and how I plan to represent the district. Visit our website BKP4GA.com and follow our social media Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @BKP4GA.
If you have any questions do hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or call me 706-889-9700.
I look forward to the opportunity to speak about the issues with any group or even a living room coffee talk.
I humbly ask for your vote to be your next District 7 State Representative.
“BKP” Brian K. Pritchard
Leave a comment