Karla joins BKP for her weekly Karla’s Korner segment. Tune in every Thursday at 8:30am
Karla talks about Gilmer Chamber’s Operation Thank You and surprises BKP with a gift.
Karla got us all excited and geared up for Halloween in her awesome witch’s hat! She tells us about the great Halloween events that are happening in Gilmer from now until the 31st!
You do not want to miss this episode!! Don’t be spooked by her Halloween cheer, it’s to die for! LOL
Karla sits down with BKP to discuss the first weekend of the Apple Festival!
Karla sits down with BKP to discuss upcoming wine releases and events in the Ellijay area.
Brought to you by the Gilmer Chamber of Commerce, today in Karla’s Korner, BKP and Karla discuss upcoming events in February including: The Business Annual Meeting, Wine About Winter, Wine Tasting at Cartecay Vineyards, Dueling Pianos at River Street Tavern and the Basket Ball Tournament at Gilmer Parks and Recreation.
Karla came in this morning in the full Christmas spirit. She had on her Santa hat, Santa shirt and even fun sunglasses. Her giving tip for this week was one that is super important. The Gilmer County Family Connections and DFCS is asking for your help to provide all the foster children with toys and goodies for Christmas. This is a great way to give back to the families and children in your community that may otherwise be without. She had a couple great local places to find those last minute gifts for your family and friends. Check out the calendar of events for all of the small town Christmas events going on this weekend. As always thank you to the Gilmer County Chamber for sponsoring this segment.
For those of us in Georgia it is very rare that we get a December snow at all. It is even more rare for us to get such a good one like we had this past weekend. The North Georgia mountains were especially beautiful covered in all that snow. Karla has been giving us some great tips on how to give and gift locally this Christmas over the last couple weeks. Well she certainly didn’t disappoint today. This week’s giving ideas are:
1) Sign a child up for “Kids 1st Foundation” and the child will receive one free book per month up to a certain age.
2) Facing East Yoga is helping gather toys for local foster children. To donate a toy for a foster child contact them or the Gilmer Chamber.
Also, Karla has been giving us tips on how and where to shop local this Christmas. Well we all have that man in our family that is just so hard to buy for, right? Well she is here to help us all out.
1) Ace Hardware – They have a huge selection of things every man would love including clothes, Yeti cups, tools, and even recliners and other furniture.
2) Wheels and/or Tires for your mans ride. There are several great places to get a new set of these in town.
3) Guns and Ammo – North Ga Gun Range has a huge selection and will help you find just the right one for the man (or woman) in your life.
Karla goes on to give us some great local events that will be happening for New Years. To get all the details on these things and more visit the Gilmer County Chamber website today.
As always we would like to thank them for sponsoring this segment.